Carrier Roasting Company is a specialty coffee roaster located in Northfield, Vermont. We founded Carrier in 2015 on the principles of transparency, exceptional quality, community building, and hospitality. Currently operating a coffee bar and roastery in Northfield, we are seeking a manager to oversee operations of a new coffee bar opening in Burlington’s Old North End late 2019. Training in our roastery and current coffee bar in Northfield would ideally start as early as 9/1.
Coffee Bar Manager responsibilities include upholding our standard for hospitality and service, managing a team of baristas, monitoring daily operations and ordering supplies like coffee, milk and baked goods, as needed. The Coffee Bar Manager will be expected to work during opening hours, including weekends and holidays.
- Liaise with Jake’s O.N.E. Market management to ensure a seamless experience between the market and the coffee bar
- Manage day-to-day operations of the coffee bar
- Hire and onboard new baristas
- Train employees on drinks preparation and proper use of coffee equipment
- Coordinate with vendors and order supplies, as needed
- Maintain updated records of daily, weekly and monthly revenues and sales targets
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of offerings, including coffee origins, processing methods, roast levels, our full drink menu, and common off-menu espresso beverages
- Ensure all coffee bar areas are clean and exceed food safety standards
- Nurture relationships with customers to increase brand loyalty
- A passion for quality food and beverage
- Successful work experience as a Hospitality Manager
- Technically adept and good at problem solving
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Availability to work within opening hours (including weekends and holidays)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to manage and motivate a team
- High school diploma
- Additional certification (e.g. in Business Administration or Hospitality) is a plus
To apply, send resume and email of interest to email@example.com.